We were so happy to be there for our sweet nephew Colin's baptism day back on December 18 (ok, so I'm behind on my blogging. Let the catching up commence!). He was baptized at Aunt Jackie's home parish in New Freedom, and since Dad had been in Chicago celebrating Uncle Jake's big 3-0 earlier that weekend, I drove in with the boys that morning and we met Dad there-- just in time for mass! It was cold and sunny and the church was just beautiful. The baptism font looked almost like a pond, and Liam had to use every ounce of his little self-control to not jump in... he in fact started to shimmy out of his khakis while asking, "Can I go in there?!" to which I responded with an emphatic "no!!! And please put your pants back on!!" He then proceeded to dip his fingers in and bless himself over and over and over again. And we just hoped it worked :)
Aunt Jackie has a great post about the day on her blog, which you can read here.
I also made a little video of the Colin's special day with my first attempt at Microsoft Movie Maker, which one of my students had shown me last semester... click here to check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment