Sunday, January 22, 2012

Aunt Jen's Barber Shop


While Aidan and Toni were visiting, Aidan eyed up his Uncle Anthony's haircut and asked if he could get his hair cut like that too.  Now, after the buzz incident of early summer, we invested in some electric shears, and I've been DIYing haircuts for Dad and Liam here at the house ever since.  I was happy to "expand the business" and give Aidan my signature cut, but in the interest of wanting his parents to continue to allow him to come to our house, we made sure we got parental approval first.  Little did they know just what they were approving...!

It was unseasonably warm, so we took to the deck to minimize the mess.  Here's his before picture, and for those of you who know Aidan, you know he has one seriously thick head of hair.


I had to start with a 5-guard just to thin it enough for a buzz, and after my first cut, Aidan and I schemed together on a little practical joke.  See if you can guess! (Photo credit: Antonia Derry!)




 Everyone who guessed that I gave Aidan a mohawk gets a point!


It was getting chilly, so we ran inside and called his dad to reveal his sweet new look.  Watch his priceless reaction here.

As Uncle Andy dealt with the shock, Toni ran interference while Aidan and I snuck back out onto the deck to finish the job.  Let's just say that his dad looked a little relieved when Aidan showed him the (real) finished product.


Handsome and then some!

No comments:

Post a Comment