It's going too fast! Joergen continues to be a happy, easygoing guy who I still consider my buddha baby and champion sleeper (usually 10-11 hours straight at night! Without the torture of sleep training!! Surely this won't last...). He has ventured further into the world of food, adding most veggies and now starting some fruits-- and like his big brother, he seems to have a hearty little appetite. He's getting stronger and stronger with sitting up on his own, and is putting more and more weight on his legs as he practices standing.
And then there's his hair. It's pretty much hilarious! He has what we affectionately refer to as the "reverse mullet"-- short in the back and long in the front. It hangs over his ears and has to be pushed to the side to keep it out of his eyes. You can see a little of what I'm talking about in this picture (or refer to pretty much any other picture in any other post!):
During our visit with Nana and Grandpa this past weekend, Grandpa tried to convince Nana to give him a stealth haircut while Daddy and I were at church-- thank God Nana refused! I would have died if they did that without us! While I love that funny hair and hated the thought of giving a haircut to a 7-month-old, though, we did have to admit that the hair situation was getting a little crazy... and perhaps it was time to bust out the shears. So right there by the kitchen, I held him (with Liam's toy Mater truck to distract him) while Nana got to work.
Taming that mane quickly became a team effort:
After his initial curiosity about Nana's scissors, he was so busy with that truck that he barely even noticed what was going on-- he was a champ!
Our newly coiffed boy and his barber:
He looks like such a big boy now! (And definitely a boy... I guess when you can gather your son's hair in a decent ponytail on top of his head it may be a sign that it's time for a haircut...)
No comments:
Post a Comment