Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter

Easter this year was awesome- no other word for it!  Spring had finally arrived, everyone was healthy, and we were able to be with family.  What more could we ask for?

On Easter morning, the boys quickly found their hidden baskets on the sun porch and could. not. wait. to tear into them.  When you are food allergy family, candy- and especially chocolate- is kind of rare and kind of a big deal.  These faces say it all!



mmmmm.... chwockwhet!


Sweet chocolate-y smiles
After all that sugar, they even put on bunny ears and smiled for me.  I'll take these moments when I can get them!


One of the best moments of the morning was when Daddy gave Liam this hat, which had once belonged to my Grandpa G-willie.  Boy would my Grandpa have loved Liam and Joergen!  I know he was smiling down from heaven on Liam doing his old hat some justice.

On our way out the door to church

I swear they did this on their own with no prodding from me! I almost fainted!

After mass, we got on the road to NJ to visit with Nana, Grandpa, GG, Uncle Tim, and his family.  All this excitement (and sugar) so far was exhausting!


Once we got there, our little Payne Stewart was ready to hit the golf course: 


So dapper in their Easter duds!
Joergen just adores his best buddy Colin and was so happy when Colin got up from his nap and came downstairs!


In addition to all the family there, we even got to "see" our French family thanks to Face Time.

Grandpa and GG wishing Aunt Erin a Happy Easter
And check out the boys' cool Easter presents from Nana and Grandpa (which they have already used several times!)


Who is ready for an Easter Egg Hunt?!


Ready, set, GO!





Little G found one hiding in the play house!

Liam said, "I think this is enough!"
After the egg hunt, we all sat down to a seriously yummy Easter dinner (thank you, Aunt Jackie!!).

Happy and content!
Nana and Liam then offered some after-dinner entertainment:


Thank you to our NJ family for hosting a beautiful day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment