Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Joergen's 1st Steps!

I have to interrupt the Air Show posts for just a moment, because...

He did it!  Joergen took his first steps yesterday! 

He has been flirting with the notion for several weeks, so we knew it was coming any time.  I had picked Liam and Joergen up from Miss Doreen's house, and as usual on a weekday, I came home with two impatiently hungry little men.  They were snacking on pretzels as I started to make dinner, when I noticed that Joergen was cruising down the hallway between the kitchen and the living room with just one hand on the wall.  So I grabbed a pretzel, held it away from the wall towards the center of the hallway, and with his eyes fixated on the prize, he dropped his hand and wobbled right to me!  I am pretty sure he didn't even notice what he'd just done.

After oodles of praise and hugs and kisses, I reached for my camera to catch his next attempt-- this time with help from his big brother.  This was probably the most steps he took in a single try.


So I guess it's official... I have a toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment