Liam picked out his First Day of School outfit the night before, and I'm sure you can guess the first article of clothing he chose.
![]() |
| 10 points if you guessed the TIE! |
He was especially excited to be able to go to school with Emily again. Even though she's a year ahead of Liam, I love that she was there with him for both his first day of preschool and now his first day of elementary. They really are like sister and brother.
Liam's school is about a block from our house, and we were blessed with a beautiful sunny day for the walk over. I just couldn't believe I was walking my son to elementary school! Seriously, how did this happen?
| The entourage- Em and her dad, Liam and Aunt Doreen |
Aunt Doreen helped Liam and Em in the door, where they greeted the principal, Mr. Sparano. He took one look at Liam, complimented him on his tie, and said he looked like he could be his assistant. Be careful what you say, Mr. Sparano - he's just might believe you and assume the role!
I was so proud of Liam being so brave on his first day of school. When I picked him up at the end of the morning, he said that his teacher had told him that if he was having fun, the time would go very quickly. "So, I must have had the most fun ever, Mom, because I feel like I just got here!"
Fun, yes -- but he's also really learning, too. He brought home a Reading Log that day with instructions to log at least 15 minutes of reading a day. And thus, this started happening:
His reading skills are improving by the day, and he amazes us with the words he is able to figure out with context clues and sounding out letters. His favorite book to read by far is Dick and Jane and Friends... go figure!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment