Somehow, when I must not have been looking, my sweet baby Joergen became a preschooler. Even with this as a major motivator in the potty training process months before school was to begin, the day still felt like a surprise to us. Joergen alternated between being excited and apprehensive, but that morning, he was nothing but ready. Lookout preschool, here he comes!
Dad and I both went to work late that day so that we could be there to see our little man off to school.
You know he was in a good mood that morning because he was especially tolerant of my picture-taking habit!
On his way into Mrs. Tenney's classroom, he was excited to see his name on the bulletin board welcoming him to school.
He has known Mrs. Tenney since he was a baby and Liam was in her class, so seeing her was a happy reunion!
Joergen found his name card to check into school (and had to decide which "J" name was in fact his...)
... and then took his spot on the rug for circle time. Meanwhile, I did my best to keep it together. He looked so little and so brave-- I knew this wasn't easy for him, but he was definitely ready to start this new adventure!
At the end of the morning when I returned to pick him up, I found a very happy preschooler waiting for me. I couldn't have been prouder of him! Needless to say, he slept very well that night :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment