Saturday, August 2, 2014

When Mom is Away...

At the end of July, I was sent off to Cornell University for a week-long training institute for work. So while I was packing up to leave, some very special guests arrived for a visit: Grandma, Papa, and Aidan!  Although I was sad to not be able to spend much time with them, it was a relief to know that my men would all be very well taken care of in my absence.

Family outing to Rita's the night before my trip.  I absolutely adore these guys!

Grandma and Papa did an awesome job keeping those boys busy that week.  They built wooden race cars, went to the library, and of course, went fishing at the pond by our house!


They even got to make chocolate chip cookies with Grandma.  And seriously, they were probably the best egg-free cookie I have ever had (I couldn't believe there were any left by the time I got home!).


Some other favorites:





While I was gone, Grandma sent me a text with the best. video. ever.  I absolutely love this - it just makes me want to freeze Joergen in time!


Thank you, Grandma, Papa, and Aidan for helping to hold down the fort while I was away!

No comments:

Post a Comment