Softball season is one of our favorite times of year, and one reason why I think that's the case for the boys, beyond the fun of playing at the ball field, is getting to go to Screwballs on game nights. Given the number of rain-outs and tie games this year, though, we ended up with several 2-game weeks. Now I love Screwballs as much as the next person, but no, we are not going there twice in one week! Just... no.
Now either we've done something right as parents, or something terribly, terribly wrong-- but delivering a "no" decision on Screwballs did not usually go over that well with the boys! (There is something a little off about fighting with your preschoolers about going to a bar...) So one night, we decided to open our own little bar at home instead. I quickly made up the kitchen counter to look like a bar (a classy one, even-- note the flowers!). I grabbed some old cardboard coasters and set up all my supplies in the cupboards below the counter. And look - I got some customers. Liam ordered "beers all around" right off the bat, so one Lager for Dad and 2 rootbeers for the boys, coming right up!
| Cheers! |
Valuable life skills, no?
No comments:
Post a Comment