Grandma came to visit! To keep both our Mother's Day and Grandma's birthday celebrations going, Grandma flew out to Philly for a week of fun and adventures. We all loved our special time together.
The week kicked off with Liam's t-ball game. He was so excited to have Grandma there to cheer him on, and even Joergen wanted to show off for her on the sidelines!
That evening we had a backyard BBQ with Aunt Jackie, Colin, and Genevieve. I mentioned before that Liam has been really fascinated by my camera lately, and I love seeing things from his perspective! Like these fun shots he took of the group:
I love, love, love this next shot. If you look closely, you can even see Liam taking this picture!
He also snapped this one of me and my sister from another mister :) Could we have a budding photographer on our hands?
Colin stayed for a sleepover that night. The next morning, I happened to walk by as the boys were holding hands to say grace before breakfast... completely unprompted. I couldn't imagine anything sweeter. I just adore these three!
After breakfast and church, the boys suited up for a day at the zoo with Grandma and Dad. I stayed behind to run my first 5K!
| I think there are some boys under those hats... somewhere! |
Later that week, Dad took a day off to take Grandma, Liam, and Joergen on a day trip to New York City. On the top of their list was a visit to Ellis Island, where Grandma got to see the name of her father, who had immigrated to America from Denmark, on the wall. I bet her dad was looking down from heaven with such joy seeing three generations of his descendants there!
What made that visit to Ellis Island even more special was that Grandma got to see it with Joergen, his namesake, who is the same age now as his great grandfather was when he came to America!
After visiting Ellis Island, they took the ferry over to Liberty Island to see the Statue of Liberty. I gave Liam my old point-and-shoot camera so he could have free reign to photograph whatever he wanted on the trip. He came home with some cool shots!
| He obviously didn't take this one- but I thought it was great! |
The rest of the week flew by, and before we knew it, it was time to take Grandma back to the airport for her trip back to Illinois. We can't thank her enough for making the trip-- it was definitely one we will not forget!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment