Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Liam's 1st Day of Pre-K

After seeing Emmy and Kaelyn have so much fun in Mrs. Trumpler's Pre-K class all last year, Liam just couldn't wait for it to be his turn.  On September 16, the day had finally arrived, and he was ready.  Dressed in his handsome new shirt from Nana, Liam dusted off his backpack, grabbed his umbrella, and he was off!

Liam and Joergen on L's first day of pre-K

The rain did nothing to dampen his excitement.
"Now stop taking pictures, Mom, and let's GO!"
Walking up the steps to school.  His new classroom is right next to Mrs. Tenney's class where he was last year.


Inside his classroom, Liam proudly showed me his hook.


I handed Mrs. Trumpler all of Liam's instructions and medications (including his cool new Auvi-Q) and waved goodbye, knowing  that after such a positive experience with the great care Liam received at Valley Forge Presbyterian last year, he was in very caring and capable hands.

At pick-up time later that morning, Mrs. Trumpler was so proud of all the kids for having such a great first day that she gave them each their own pair of star sunglasses.


Liam was proud.


As we were leaving school, I said, "Liam, how was your first day?!"

He replied (while playing a mean air guitar), "I'm not Liam, Mom.  I'm a Rock Star."


Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment