I'm saving our move for another post, so I'm going to go a little out of my usual chronological order (this one is much more fun, anyway!). In the middle of September, we traveled to York for a great weekend just "hanging out" with GG:
The weather was gorgeous, so we spent some time on GG's balcony playing with bubbles.
We went through almost an entire bottle of fluorescent bubbles (they came with the automatic bubble contraption), only to discover a warning on the label that the bubbles would stain clothing and other surfaces. WHAT?! Sorry for the glowing mess on your balcony, GG!
Our other purpose for the trip to York that weekend was to hit up the York Fair, otherwise known by the boys as the "big huge carnival". No sooner did they get their ride tickets when Liam saw this helicopter and jumped in line. I can't get over how fearless this kid is when it comes to rides! Can you see his little face peeking out of the second window from the front?
Speaking of fearless... I could have died when I saw how fast this ride went, but Liam grabbed Dad's hand and begged him to ride with him. Better Dad than me! They got whipped around and around... and around some more. Nana and I just stood there laughing - half at Liam's reactions, and half out of nervousness. That ride seemed like it would never end! I love how Liam put his arms in the air like it was a roller coaster.
Joergen was literally a half of an inch too short for many of the rides, which was understandably pretty frustrating for him... but the look on his face when he learned that the was just the right height for the backhoes and could climb on board was priceless! (I knew this one had to be okay, though, because he rode it last year!) That boy just loves his "goo-night 'struction sites"...
The height board for the kiddie train ride was a little off, so Joergen managed to get by the height requirement to ride with Liam. The train was very slow and just went around in a circle... I was kind of shocked there was a height requirement at all!
One ride I knew we all could do with no problem was the carousal. Dad is holding up the autographed poster the boys got at the circus earlier in the day. They were both totally awestruck by their BMX stunt act!
Some selfies with my little men:
Can't wait to go back again next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment