Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Visiting with GG

As a reward for a week of good behavior, the boys were so excited to go on a day-trip with me to York to visit Nana, Grandpa, and GG last weekend.  GG had her second hip replaced a couple of weeks ago, and we couldn't wait to go visit!

Liam and Joergen entertained themselves with an episode of Caillou on my Kindle while I got myself ready on Saturday morning.  Seeing the two of them peacefully cuddling together seriously made my morning.


Our first stop was Nana and Grandpa's house, where Nana and Liam put together the finishing touches on a fantastic picnic lunch.

"Mmmm.  It's yummy, Nana."

"Nana, you make the dressing while I stir it together."

Then it was off to the rehabilitation hospital for our lunch visit with GG!


HealthSouth had a really nice "backyard" area, just right for a picnic.  Throw in picture-perfect weather, great food, and even better company, and you couldn't ask for anything more!



GG was in great spirits and ready for a party!  She is doing really well in her recovery, making solid progress towards her goals.  Praise God!  As an added bonus, Aunt Jayne, Judy, and Mike even joined us for lunch.  I must have been so busy talking and/or chasing little ones that I never got a picture with them...

After lunch and a little side trip to Rita's for a safe treat, Nana and I took Liam and Joergen off to Cousler Park, which quite possibly has the best playground ever.  The boys love it there!  Liam did a ton of climbing, swinging, sliding, and playing music...


... while Joergen did his own share of climbing, driving the "choo-choo-rain"...


... and picking up girls!!


Although it was more likely the other way around.  This little girl took one look at Joergen, hugged him, grabbed his hand, and paraded him all over that playground.  I was so sure that Joergen would run away from her, but he just looked at me and said, "She my friend!"  Wonders never cease.

After an action-packed day and a yummy dinner at Nana and Grandpa's, both boys fell asleep in the car ride home (Joergen was out before we even got out of town; Liam not long after).  We came home to a sparkling house, clean laundry, and freshly-cut grass... wow, do I have a solid nomination for Husband of the Year!

I feel so grateful for my parents taking such good care of GG, and I know how much everyone's prayers, visits, cards, and well-wishes (including some sweet surprises from our IL family!) mean to her and help keep her spirits high while she works hard in therapy.  She promised Liam she'd be playing tag ("and can we play hide-and-no-seek too, GeeGee?") in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment