Sunday, April 28, 2013

Easter Bunny Eggs

Easter this year was... well... I'm not really sure.  But I heard it was nice!  I spent the holiday weekend battling a fever and generally feeling in solidarity the Lord, minus the whole rising from the dead part.  It turned out to be pneumonia, and after a heavy regimen of antibiotics and the gift of some prescription cough syrup, I have finally rejoined the land of the living.

While I was home in bed on Holy Saturday, our dear friend Cathleen was kind enough to text me pictures of the boys playing at Maple Acres following what was supposed to have been a family Easter Egg Hunt-- and in reality was a total bust.  They still had a blast playing at the farm though!



Who's ready for the Easter Bunny?!

Weeee arrrrrrre!!!
On Saturday afternoon, Nana, Grandma, and GG arrived to spend the rest of the holiday weekend with us.  We were so excited to have them visit, and I was especially glad for all the help while I was feeling so crummy!


Since Joergen's birthday was just a few days before Easter, and Grandpa's birthday was just a few days after, we decided to celebrate them both over the weekend.  Joergen received some awesome new clothes for spring and a Curious George that actually had a blanket stuffed inside (which he now sleeps with nightly).  The boys were also excited to open a package from Grandma and Papa, filled with lots of cool new books!  The icing on the cake had to be the unexpected Christmas gifts from Uncle Jim and Aunt Ellen (new trucks!), which occupied the boys for the rest of that evening.


At last, Easter morning was here!  Liam and Joergen were thrilled to see that the Easter Bunny had come and hid "Easter Bunny Eggs" (according to J) all over our yard.



The boys also found Easter baskets in the kitchen, filled with new books, sidewalk chalk, safe treats, and a couple of other surprises.  Liam could not wait to read Another Monster at the End of this Book with Nana-- the original is one of his all-time faves!


After breakfast and a change of clothes, it was time to grab some empty baskets and forage for eggs.


Found one!

Me too!

Look at this good-looking crowd taking in the action!  I, on the other hand, was in the yard looking half-dead in my pajamas, and am praying that GG did not catch me on film.


That Easter Bunny sure did hide a lot of eggs in our yard... perhaps to make up for the busted hunt at Merrymead?  The kids had to look high...


and low...


Until finally they emerged victorious.


Happy Easter, everybody!  He is Risen!


Thanks to GG for making the trip to be with us, and to Nana and Grandpa for making it happen!  And for being creative in doing so-- especially when it came to providing door-to-door service :)  Who knew our yard could double as a driveway?

No comments:

Post a Comment