Monday, March 18, 2013

3-13-13

My birthday this year was on 3.13.13... which would have only been cooler if I had been turning 31!  

This marked the 15th birthday that I've celebrated with Anthony, and the first birthday that he baked for me. And trust me when I say he went all out!  With Liam's allergies and store-bought cakes being a thing of our past, I usually do the special-occasion baking.  And last year, the boys were young enough that we could get away with having a store-bought treat after they'd gone to bed.  But alas, they are now old enough to know with birthdays come cake... and they want IN, baby.  So on the eve of my special day, there was my dear husband, baking away in the kitchen with determination to make something for us all to enjoy.

And did he ever!  Banana cupcakes with lemon glaze, and holy cow were they amazing.  My trusty side-kick  was there to help blow out the candles:



And then time for all of us to dig in!  Looks like a party to me :)


And how sweet was Joergen to share the last of his crumbs with Liam?!


All three of my guys helped make sure my birthday was a very special one!

No comments:

Post a Comment