Thursday, September 13, 2012

Visit from Grandma and Papa

At the end of July and into early August, Grandma, Papa, Aidan, and Toni came to visit us!  Liam and Joergen got a little "stay-cation" for the week, and everyone had a really special time together.  Although I sadly missed a chunk of the visit due to my work schedule, I was so grateful to have family here and to catch what moments I could with them.  Some of our favorites (you will notice that  Joergen is unfortunately not in many of my pictures, because he was often in bed by the time I got home!)...

Liam loved his time with Grandma.  She painted his toenails (it was clear, and he insisted)...


And told him stories...


(as did Papa, who also was the BEST fake crier when they would play a game of "You're Not Invited"!)


...and always let him know that he and Joergen are loved.


Nothing makes my heart happier than seeing my boys with their cousins.  They just adore all of their cousins, and especially look up to Toni and Aidan.  They were so cute playing football (clearly a very loose term) in the yard one evening:

Monkey Pile on Aidan!

Tackle?  Or hugs?
Definitely a tackle!

Hey! Come back here, Aidan!

Football!  ROAR!!
We also had some fun with sparklers one evening.  It proved impossible to get a picture of all three of them with lit sparklers at the same time... poor Toni....



Grandma brought an awesome bag of activities for the kids, and Liam just loved learning from her (he's so fortunate to have teachers for both grandmothers!).  He learned how to draw shapes, colored with paints, and learned to play Go Fish.  This is now a regular evening activity at our house.


There was plenty of fun to be had outside of the house that week too.  Daddy even took everyone to Dorney Park one day!  There was a lot to do for both the little guys and the big kids, and Liam even found his way on stage for a live show with some of his new friends:


Although I had to miss out on the Dorney trip, I was happy to catch a movie with Toni and Liam one evening while Dad took Papa and Aidan to a Phillies game.  We had every intention of going to see Brave, only to find out that the movie times online were wrong (what?!)... so Ice Age 4 it was!  These two were still excited:


We seriously loved that movie (who would have thought that a "part 4" of any movie could be that fun?!), and I loved getting some screen time with one of my very favorite girls.  We are definitely ham and cheese.  And you'll just have to see the movie to get my reference!


I got to take the kiddos over to Heuser Park one evening too.  They had some fun getting dizzy on the merry-go-round...


... and being silly...


...climbing up and down and up and down and....


...hiding!  Busted!


Thanks for visiting us, Grandma, Papa, Toni, and Aidan!  Can't wait to see you again for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment