Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Easter 2012

Happy Easter, everyone!

I know, I know, I'm a couple of weeks late.  But it's at least still the Easter season, right?

We celebrated Easter this year in York with Nana and Grandpa.  I was back-and-forth between York and KoP with choir commitments, but come Easter morning, I was happily settled with my two favorite Easter bunnies:



We got to sleep in (a little) while Daddy, Nana, and Grandpa went to mass early in the morning.  By the time they got home, we were up and running, excited to see that the Easter Bunny had in fact known to visit us in York (with hidden eggs in the backyard even!).  The boys couldn't wait to find their Easter baskets and tear into the spoils... my goodness!


And then it was bloody marys all around!  Cheers!


After breakfast (as in, putting something in our system that wasn't sugar), we headed outside for our Easter egg hunt.  No Easter bonnets in this house, but how snazzy are these guys?!


Liam proved to be a skilled egg-hunter.  Joergen, on the other hand, was content to park himself in his own little spot on the lawn and snag whatever eggs were within reach.


"Look at MY basket, guys!"


"I got an egg!  I will spend the next 10 minutes trying to open it!"


Believe it or not, I bought Liam this shirt independently from Uncle Andrew and Aunt Beth bringing him the hat from Illinois.  The ensemble had Easter written all over it.


It was an unbelievably gorgeous day!  With all the eggs accounted for and a tootsie roll in hand, I had two happy little guys who let us snag some pictures:



Liam stayed outside and enjoyed the sunshine as much as he could.  He especially liked making giant bubbles on the deck:


Meanwhile, Joergen and his rosy cheeks got out of the sun and onto a riding toy.  He's getting to be such a big boy!


Big thanks to Nana, Grandpa, and GG for such a special Easter celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment