Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Mornings

Sunday morning at our house is probably my favorite part of the week. We make a big breakfast (pancakes are the reigning fave), play, and go to church as a family. I recently started singing again in the choir, though, and with the choir mass going right through the boys' lunch time, we've realized that at least for now, we need to divide and conquer. Dad will usually take Liam to 9:30 and I head on my own to 11:30 to sing.

This morning, MDP held a pancake breakfast to support the youth group mission trip. Dad volunteered to work with the Knights at the breakfast, and the boys and I volunteered to eat.
The pancakes themselves were not safe for Liam, but he loved trying Froot Loops instead (though I had to bring along our own soy milk... no such thing as an easy meal out anymore!) and a big bowl of fruit. Joergen had pancakes and a banana.

Afterwards, Liam got to play soccer in the gym with a bunch of big kids, and since there was still a little time before mass, the boys got to play together for a bit on the playground. It was a beautiful morning made even nicer by happy boys-- no whining, fussing, or fits. And happy boys make for happy moms and dads!

Snapped this pic of the Liam and Joer going down the slide together. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment