Friday, March 2, 2012

11 Months Old


What a difference a month makes!  Joergen has really transformed into a more active, curious, and persistent baby with his increased mobility and coordination.  And although they adore each other, he and Liam have had their first "fights"... mostly because Joergen wants to play with absolutely everything Liam touches.  So goes life with a little brother!

Joergen is officially up on all fours and is getting faster by the day.  He beelines for open doorways, the DVD player, drawer pulls, and electrical cords.  Hello, babyproofing!  I totally busted him heading for the entertainment center for the hundredth time... notice the big fat grin (oh, he knows he's not allowed!).


Another thing we've had to address recently is... and let's be honest here... his hair!  He was looking like a mini Justin Bieber or the 5th Beatle or something with that mop, so for the 3rd time in just 4 months, a haircut was in order.


Since my haircutting repetoire is limited to buzzes (and apparently mohawks), I called in for reinforcements.  So when Nana and Grandpa were visiting for Liam's birthday, I put Nana to work.


Liam really wanted a haircut too, so I gave him a quick trim around his ears and he was satisfied. Handsome, aren't they?


Joergen has denounced baby food in all its forms (go ahead... I dare you to try to feed it to him!), so I've had to dust off my menu of baby-appropriate table food.  He has 6 teeth and a fiesty appetite.  He loves cooked veggies, pearl couscous, and is a definite carnivore.


Joergen loves to play-- and is often perfectly content to do so on his own, where he is sure to get into absolutely everything, and make an enormous mess in the process!  The main difference over the last month has been his ability to pull himself up quickly and even stand on his own for very short spurts.  He is all over the place: crawling, pulling up on something (including my pant leg), seeing what's going on "up there", then dropping back down on his bottom and crawling on to the next thing.  He especially loves hanging out in Liam's room where he will either play in/on his toybox, or get out every single puzzle and dump the pieces all over the floor.  I try to encourage the toybox action :)


A short video of the little guy in action:


Let the countdown to his 1st birthday begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment