Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Visit with Santa

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I confess that I took the commercialism of Christmas to the next level this year... I bought a FastPass to see Santa Claus.  There.  I said it.  Now for those of you who are familiar with the Disney system, you know that a fast pass basically lets you cut to the front of a line so you don't have to wait to see an attraction or ride a ride.  And at the King of Prussia Mall, the shopping mecca of the East Coast, you can get a fast pass to bypass the generally overwhemling line to see Santa.  I discovered this while checking the KoP Mall website for Santa's hours, trying to figure out when and how I would get the boys to visit with the Big Man himself.  I knew I had to go on a weekend (going to the mall after work during holiday shopping season-- and Joergen's inability to function after 7 pm-- made going on a weekday out of the question), and since Daddy was going away to celebrate Uncle Jake's birthday last weekend, I knew I would be taking them alone.  The fast pass simply entailed purchasing your photos in advance online and paying a $3.50 "convenience fee" on top of it.  So I did it.

And dare I say it?  Best. $3.50. I've. Ever. Spent.


We got there around 9:45 on Super Saturday morning, where a line at least a dozen families deep had already formed.  I showed the "elf" my pass, and was out of there with photos in hand within 3 minutes.  Liam was in awe of Santa, quietly answering his questions ("Yes Santa, I've been good boy" and "I want a rocket, a race car, and some clothes" again, and "Thank you for mine stickers, Santa!").  Joergen gave his usual "whatever" face to Santa-- almost as if he sees this guy every day--  but was quick to give us a big goofy grin for the picture.  Awesome!

Meanwhile, Dad texted us a picture from Chicago of his own picture with Uncle Andy, Aunt Beth, and Santa too!  That Santa sure knows how to make the rounds...


No comments:

Post a Comment