Every September, I get to work with an amazing group of faculty, staff, and students on the
St. Thomas of Villanova Day of Service, where we send almost 5000 members of the Nova Nation out to over 140 service organizations around the Philly area to roll up their sleeves and get work done. It's my favorite Villanova event.
The night before service, the committee hosts a big outdoor event called Rock the Oreo with free food, an acapella concert, and lawn games. The event was started in 2014, and after having a great time last year, the boys were excited to join in the festivities again. (I will never forget Liam meeting Villanova's president, Fr. Peter, that evening and saying to me with wide eyes, "I just met the
PRESIDENT?!")
 |
| A giant and intense game of Connect 4 |
 |
| Putting their Vs up! |
 |
| The 2015 Day of Service Committee after the last bus of volunteers left the parking lot. Proud to be a Villanovan! |
No comments:
Post a Comment