Tuesday, December 23, 2014

School Christmas Programs

I was so glad to have a few vacation days left in December, which allowed me to be there for both Joergen's and Liam's holiday programs at school.  First up was the Valley Forge Presbyterian program.  They decided to change up their previous tradition and rather than having the kids perform, bring in someone to perform for them!  Magic Marcy of Giggle Magic was absolutely fantastic, and I have never seen a group of preschoolers so completely and utterly entertained.

When Magic Marcy asked for a couple of volunteers to assist her with a magic trick, I was proud to see Joergen quietly, bravely raise his hand-- and very excited to see him chosen!  That took guts for him to get up there in front of all of those kids, teachers, and parents, and he did a fantastic job.





Yeah Joergen!


After a very silly, funny show, the party began. Joergen showed me all the sugar cookies they decorated in Mrs. Tenney's class and picked the one with the biggest pile of frosting to taste.  If you try not to think about all the little hands that touched those cookies, they really are pretty yummy!


Joergen and his teacher, Mrs. Tenney.

A few days later, it was Liam's turn at Candlebrook Elementary.  He had been practicing his program for weeks at school, but he was very careful to not spill the beans about what they'd been working on.  All I knew was we had to send in a big wrapped cardboard box for him to wear like a present.  I was so curious to see what those kindergartners were up to!

Getting ready to perform

What could be cuter than this?!




After their performance, I stuck around to volunteer at Liam's classroom party.  It was so fun to get to see him with all of his classmates.  They enjoyed a snack and made a holiday craft, and then Christmas Break began!


No comments:

Post a Comment