So I finished my last day of work Friday and was feeling good-- "certain" I would have plenty of time over the next few days to rest up and prepare for Baby 2's arrival! Baby 2, however, clearly had other plans. Around 10:30 pm, I started irregular contractions and assumed they were more Braxton-Hicks... but by 11:30, although still irregular, they were getting so painful that I knew something was up. I woke up Anthony, called my BFF Jen to come over to stay with Liam, and contacted my doctor. We left the house around midnight, and by the time we pulled into the parking garage at the hospital at 12:20 am, contractions were less than 3 minutes apart and I could no longer talk through them. Short story shorter, we heard the words, "It's a boy!" just a few contractions and one push later!
6 pounds, 15 ounces, 20.5 inches, and an awesome mop of dark, dark hair. Love at first sight!
Joergen is named after Daddy's Danish grandpa, pronounced just like Jordan only with a hard "g" in place of the d. His middle name is after his godfather, Uncle Tim.
A very proud papa (and my awesome labor coach!) holding Joergen for the first time:
Introducing Joergen to big brother Liam later that morning. Talk about a moment Daddy and I will never, ever forget. Liam's eyes were as big as saucers, and he just couldn't stop smiling and whispering, "baaaay-beee!" with the sweetest, quietest sense of awe.
Daddy showing Liam how to hold his little brother:
Peaceful and content:
Grandpa's 60th birthday weekend getaway in Baltimore with Nana was cut short (seriously, who would have thought I'd go early?!) so they could come meet their newest grandson. Sorry, Grandpa! We'll make up that celebration with you this summer, we promise!
Joergen's arrival and the recent news that Uncle Tim and Aunt Jackie will be having a boy in early August means that Nana and Grandpa will have gained 3 new grandsons in just 9 short months. Can only imagine what kind of trouble Augustin, Joergen, and Baby Boy G-willie will get themselves into together...!
A proud, tired, and very happy mommy with her awesome little boys:
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete