Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Visit to Illinois

We got back on Monday evening from a long (yet too short!) weekend in Illinois, where we got to spend some time with family and friends-- and where we were especially excited to meet some of Liam's brand new friends!

We flew into Midway and said a quick hello to the Blues Brothers...



...before getting on our way to the city to meet little Conor McC! Conor was born March 30 and is the sweet second baby of my good friend and college roomie Becky. Here he is waving hello:



Liam had fun catching up with his buddy Elisa, too!



After lunch and a short visit, it was time to head to Milford. Liam was overall a patient and good little traveler, but he was sure happy to get to Grandma and Papa's house and stretch those legs! "Catch me if you can, Papa!"



"And you too, Surabhi!"
He made a lot of folks chase him throughout the weekend...



On Saturday, Liam got to meet his second new friend, Owen G. Liam and Owen are destined to take after their dads and be long-distance BFFs. They started out great, that is until Mommy held Owen...

Now note that when I held Conor the day before, Liam walked up to me, patted me on the shoulder, and declared "MomMAH". As in, "Listen kid, you're cute. But let me make this clear. This is my Mom."

So when I picked up little Owen, this must have been the last straw. Liam sat in front of us, watching intently... and then slowly (and a little dramatically, might I add) the corners of his mouth started to droop, his chin quivered, and then he just crumbled into tears. As in, "How could you do this to me?! I thought I was your baby!!"

Needless to say, my time holding Owen was a bit short-lived. Once I assured Liam that I was still his mommy and that Owen had his own mommy, he took a little time relaxing (and learning that a Digger indeed digs!) with Owen's grandpa and uncles:



And after that, he realized that Owen wasn't so bad after all. And hey-- I think he likes him! The friendship has been saved!



Us with Bill, Kristin, and Owen:



Back at Grandma and Papa's house, Liam enjoyed some silly time with Dad and cousins Toni and Aidan:



My favorite pic of the weekend (Uncle Andrew always gets the best smiles out of Liam! Reminds me of the first time they met!):



The weather was absolutely gorgeous all weekend, so we got to enjoy some good walks and even a fun morning at the grade school playground. Aidan and Liam getting ready to go down the slide:



"I LOVE SWINGS!!"



On Sunday afternoon, we had an awesome visit with many of Liam's extended family. Catching up in the kitchen with Uncle David and Aunt Lyn:



Liam also got to hang out with his fave cousin Drake. Can't believe how much these two have grown!



They had a blast playing peek-a-boo behind the curtain!



Time out for kisses for Toni!



Our last night together (for now!)-- Liam with Papa and Grandma:



What a weekend! Liam catching some Zs on Daddy at the airport:

1 comment:

  1. Jen he is getting so big! He is so cute! I just remembered you had this blog and I can not believe how big Liam is now..... I remember coming to your house and seeing him when he was a newborn.... the time just flys by....

    ReplyDelete