Friday, August 14, 2009

Liam's Baptism

I know, I know... it's been awhile! Liam was baptized the weekend after the wedding, and then I started just 3 days later with my usual August rush at work. Needless to say, I've been spending any free time I've had with Liam rather than blogging about him! But I've found a few minutes here in between sessions, so I'll take advantage with a little update.

The most important news is that Liam was baptized on August 2! The weekend was beautiful and chaotic and we wouldn't have had it any other way. We can't thank our families enough for all they did to get here to celebrate and for making the weekend very special. We felt so blessed in so many ways.

So on to the photos... Uncle Andrew sent us some gorgeous pictures, and we borrowed a few to post. This one is pretty self-explanatory:



As a side note, as soon as we left the house for the church, the skies opened and it absolutely POURED rain-- the kind that soaks you to the bone within seconds. I think Liam decided that if he had to get wet that day, then so did everyone else!

He seemed pretty enthralled with his baptismal candle:



Liam with his parents and godparents, Aunt Erin and Uncle Andrew. We felt really honored to have our older siblings take on this role.



Post-baptism party at our house! It was great to have everyone there-- especially Uncle Tim and Aunt Jackie who had just returned from their honeymoon!



Liam's cake (which he never got to see, because he slept through most of the party!). Since he is named for both of our fathers, this verse really spoke to us:



The party somehow turned into a dance party at one point:



Daddy and Sarah rocking out (with Pierre doing his best Tom Cruise from Risky Business):



Liam finally woke up and joined us. Looks like he too had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment