Friday, July 3, 2009

Bring on the Solids

Liam had his first food yesterday! He had been giving us signs lately that he was ready, so we decided to take the plunge. As soon as we sat him in his highchair, he was all smiles and doing his little hungry dance (ok, so it's a bunch of twitching and flailing... but that's not much different from his daddy's dance moves! I joke because I love!)

His first food was a very thinned-out rice cereal, and I only made a couple of teaspoons worth just so he could get a sense of the new taste and texture. He seemed pretty excited and kept trying to grab the spoon.



I learned quickly to hold his arms down with one hand while I fed him with the other. We really expected him to spit the cereal out and were surprised to watch him gobble it right down. I guess he was ready for food!



"Hey, that was fun!"



So we went with Round 2 today, and this time I made it quite a bit thicker. The first couple of bites were met with furrowed eyebrows, but he ended up diving right in and downing a good 2 or so tablespoons of it.





When he decided he was done, he let us know by razzing cereal all over the place. I think I may wear a poncho and some goggles next time!

PS- Liam's bottom left tooth finally broke through a couple of days ago. It's just barely through his gums, but it's already pretty darn sharp! Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment